Cejay Engineering Pegasus 2AA Infrared Beacon
Pegasus 2AA is a programmable infrared signaling beacon powered by 2 Common AA batteries. Constructed from high impact plastics, the Pegasus 2AA has been engineered to withstand harsh environments and chemical exposure. This tremendous strength coupled with a watertight design make the Pegasus 2AA superbly suited for water to land deployment and special operations applications. The Pegasus 2AA has three user-selectable flash patterns; the first code pattern is a fixed flash rate code identical to the Phoenix Jr., the second code pattern is the International Morse Code signal (SOS) and the third is installed as needed by the user in the field. The beacons signal is turned ON or OFF simply by “double clicking” the power button. This double click action prevents the beacon from being inadvertently activated or deactivated. Programming and flash pattern selection is carried out via the programming button located on the top of the unit. Miniature indicator lights within the device will flash the pattern as it is being recorded by the user to confirm the code being stored. During operation, the user can reactivate the miniature indicator lights at anytime allowing the user to visually confirm the broadcast code in situations where their own night vision equipment has become lost or damaged. Powered by 2 common AA batteries, Pegasus 2AA uses the most common power source available anywhere in the world. All components including the battery cover are positively integrated and attached to the beacon so there is nothing to lose during operations.
The Pegasus 2AA can be attached to PALS webbing, belts, or uniform by using the supplied locking spring clips
Engineered as an enhancement to the Phoenix series of infrared beacons, the Pegasus 2AA incorporates the features most sought after by today’s soldier’s.
- Weight: 2.6 Ounces | 74 Grams with batteries
- Size: 2.8″ x .82″x1.3 | 72mm x 21mm x 33mm
- Flash: repeat cycle Programmable
- Flash duration: Programmable
- Code Memories: Three; Phoenix Jr. fixed flash rate, International Morse Code signal and user defined.
- Battery: 2 common AA Alkaline or Lithium Batteries
- Configuration: 3 Light Emitting Diodes (LED)
- Coverage: 240 degrees x 360 degrees
- Switching: Power Button and Programming Button
- Options: Pegasus 2AA IR (902218IR), Pegasus 2AA Red Training Model (902218R), Pegasus 2AA NV Green Training Model (902218NV).