B. E. Meyers KIJI IR Illuminator
Introducing the B. E. Meyers KIJI IR Illuminator. The KIJI is a modular, laser based infrared illuminator available in 3° beam and 10° beam models. This new device offers similar illuminator performance of the MAWL-DA, with the KIJI K1-3° emitting up to 150mw, and the KIJI K1-10° emitting 350mw of flawless. Both the KIJI K1-3° the KIJI K1-10° have a beam diffuser to quickly adjust beam divergence for best irradiance on target for the situation. The KIJI is perfect paired with white light and lasers to create scalable weapon or helmet mounted platforms.
Each KIJI Illuminator comes with 32 programable modes. Yours will come with mode 26 programmed, which is a cycled style that has all power levels available (from low to high). The purpose of this mode is to allow evaluation of the KIJI to make a more informed decision on the style and mode you will wish to use. The operation modes will be described in the user manual.
The KIJI Illuminator is compatible and interchangeable with common white light bodies, and offers infinite configuration in handheld, helmet mounted, weapon, vehicle, or aircraft mounted applications. This illuminator is designed to be used with any aftermarket mounting hardware or remote switch option. Mounting hardware not included.
Battery Life: Don’t forget the batteries!
- Short Answer: 4hr 15min at full power at full power constant on.
- Long Answer: At Power Level 4 (PL4 of 150mw) the KIJI 3 degree will run for approximately 4 hours and 15 minutes (constant on/firing) before output power starts to ramp, and then another 30 min until the output power has fallen to 10% of the original set point (so down to 15mw). So, technically stays on even longer.
- Short Answer: 1hr 12min at full power constant on.
- Long Answer: At Power Level 4 (PL4 of 350mw) will run for approximately 1 hour and 12 minutes (constant on/firing) before power begins to ramp, and then another 46 min until the output power has fallen to 10% of the original set point (so down to 35mw).
- KIJI Kit w/out battery: 2.5oz (70gr)
- KIJI Kit w/ battery: 3.1oz (87gr)
Not sure which model to get? We recommend both since each is very different, but if you can only get one:
Get the 3° if you need a weapon mounted illuminator.
Get the 10° if you need helmet mounted, or admin lighting.
Are you in the market for the world’s best laser? Check out the MAWL-C1+!
And don’t miss the Soldier Systems press release for their take on the KIJI