PVS-7 Battery Cap Conversion Kit AA to CR123
This is an upgrade, and direct replacement to P/N: A3144394 NSN # 5855-01-246-8265
The patented kit comes with all necessary parts required to quickly upgrade the PVS-7 battery housing to use a corrosion resistant, longer lasting, reliable CR123a Lithium Ion battery. The other benefit is that the operator will have a much longer lasting battery cap that may never need replacing. The current MIL standard cap uses flexible copper contacts that can break easily, rendering the unit out of commission until a replacement can be found.
How to install:
- Remove old battery cap and batteries
- Insert conductive adapter into PVS-7 battery housing
- Screw on large replacement cap with O-rings (2 attached)
- Install positive end of CR123-a battery into replacement cap
- Screw on new battery cap
- Using supplied lanyard, thread crimp sleeve onto unattached end of lanyard then through attachment point on PVS-7 and then back through crimp sleeve.
- Using a pair of pliers, squeeze crimp until secure
- Trim excess lanyard material if desired