Night Vision Goggles – ITT Night Vision: AN/AVS-9 (ITT F4949 Series)
Night Vision Goggle/Image Intensifier Set: Call for Pricing 719-325-8070: with various objective lens filter options and various flight helmet-mount configurations all designed to meet Individual customer requirements. First developed by ITT in 1992, the F4949 Night Vision Goggles system continually has improved and is now designated the AN/AVS9(V) by the U.S. Government. The (V) indicates there are many versions in service. The F4949 series is the standard night flying system for the air crews of the U.S. Air Force and Navy. Over 26,000 F4949 systems are in service in 34 nations, worldwide.
Rotary-wing versions of the F4949 night vision goggles feature a rear-mounted, low-profile battery pack, which uses four AA alkaline batteries, allowing operation for more than 50 hours. Power is provided by a cable extending from the battery pack, over the helmet, and into a connector in the mount. Fixed-wing versions feature a front-mounted battery pack, which uses two 1/2 AA lithium batteries that allow operation for more than 16 hours. An optional battery pack adapter enables connection of the fixed-wing F4949 to the rear-mounted battery pack, providing the same operational time as the rotary-wing versions when ejection is not a consideration. An optional clip-on power source enables hand-held operation of the binocular without use of a flight helmet.
ITT’s F4949 series of aviator’s night vision systems is available in over 40 different configurations. The type of aircraft and type of helmet being used will determine which configuration will best meet the customer’s requirements.
Night Vision Goggles – ITT Night Vision: AN/AVS-9 (ITT F4949 Series) Product Features:
ITT PINNACLE® Image Intensifier Tube – Thin-Filmed/Auto-Gated offering high resolution, high gain, photoresponse to near infrared, and exceptional reliability. Class A, B, C, and UK 645 minus-blue filters for objective lens available to suit all types of cockpit lighting, including color displays and fighter HUDs.
Helmet mount configurations designed for fixed-wing and rotary-wing applications, adapting to most aviator helmets (U.S. HGU-55/P, HGU-56/P, HGU-84/P, SPH4AF, SPH-4B, SPH-5; British Alpha 202 and Mk4; French OS and CGF). Other mounts available upon request.
25-mm eye-relief eyepieces easily accommodate eyeglasses. Low-profile battery pack improves aviator head mobility and increases battery life. Other features include flip-up/flip-down capability, simple binocular attachment, individual interpupillary adjustment, tilt, vertical and fore-aft adjustments to fit all aviators.
Generation: 3 U.S. (ITT PINNACLE®)
- Spectral Response: Visible to 0.90 µm (IR)
- Field of View: 40º nominal
- Unity: 1x (Unity)
- Resolution: 1.3 cy/mr, minimum (1.36 typical)
- Brightness/Gain: 5000 fL/fL, minimum
- Collimination: <=1 convergence <=0.3 dipvergence/divergence
- Interpupillary Adj: 51 to 72mm – independent knobs
- Vertical Adj: 25mm, range
- Fore-and-Aft Adj: 27mm, range
- Tilt Adjustment: 10°, range
- Objective Lens EFL: 27mm, F/1.23, T/1.35
- Objective Lens Filters: Class A, B, C, UK 645 available
- Objective Lens Focus: Range 41 to infinity
- Eyepiece Lens: EFL 27 mm
- Eyepiece Exit Pupil/ Eye Relief: On-axis: 14mm @ 25mm distance Full-field: 6mm @ 25mm distance
- Diopter Adjustment: +2.0 to -6.0
- Flip-up/Flip-down: Button release
- Automatic Breakaway: 11 to 15g
- Battery Type: Fixed-Wing: 2 ea. 1/2 AA size, Lithium
- Rotary-Wing: 4 ea. AA size, alkaline
- Weight: 550 grams
- Weight of Mount: Fixed-Wing: 250 grams
- Rotary-Wing: 330 grams
- Operating Temp. Range: -32° C to +52° C
Export Restrictions Warning:Export of U.S. manufactured night vision equipment is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State Office of Defense Trade Controls, in accordance with International Traffic in Arms (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations Part 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control @ (202) 663-1282 and / or the U.S. Department of Commerce.